Monday, July 13, 2009

It's not over 'til I say it's over

(June that is)
So my plan was to finish a quilt a month, and I've been on goal since the New Year. Until June. I was close, so close, but things kept coming up, and the handwork kept getting put down. So I've decided that June wasn't going to be over until this little quilt was done. And done it is.

I call it Tending Towards Blue. More exactly, Red & White, Tending Towards Blue. It's the little quilt that will hang in my mudroom from Memorial Day until Independence Day. On it's face it's a red white and blue quilt that leans, like me and the state I live in, toward the blue side of the political spectrum.

But I'm red and white to my core, so the back is a little (big) shout out to who I am.

This quilt top came about as the result on a long forgotten swap/challenge on the about.com quilting forum. I think. We swapped 10" squares of red, white, and blue with the challenge that we make something from them, immediately. Well, I immediately made the little top (minus the final blue border,) immediately put it aside, and immediately (completely) forgot about it. When I needed something I could finish in June, I came across it, saw how close it was, and got to work and finished it. I'll hang it for a while, until the mood strikes to hang something else.

3 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

I like that!!!

Anonymous said...

I see Red and White LEANING toward Blue.

Congratulations on your belated challenge finish.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

love the leaf.