Monday, November 23, 2009

Houston, we have a problem

I was looking for something in The Dump the other day, and found myself overwhelmed by the mess. How could I be creative when I couldn't even lay hands on the materials I needed to create!? I sew upstairs. I have no real interest in making a sewing room out of The Dump, rather it's a pantry of creativity. It's where the stuff lives. Dig, dig, dig... So I started putting things away. And as I did, I started finding things. Uh oh.

I have my list. My Next Four - one, maybe two things in progress at a time, stowed neatly in project boxes upstairs. Right now, there's aprons in one of them, Lisa and Jon's baby quilt in another, and Forever in the third. Uh oh.
What on earth is that? A fourth project box? When did that happen? And (oh god!) what's in it? Flannel? What flannel, WHY flannel?! I'm not working on anything flannel, am I? Perhaps I've let this chaos creep a little too far, huh? Good thing I'm not a voracious knitter, with a yarn stash to keep track of. Uh oh.(and there's more.)

2 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

You always bring a smile to my face when I read your posts. I separated my projects into bags and then realized I have enough to keep me busy for years, lol. I also have a bunch of yarn!!!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

sitting here in wa just laughing....i can't always remember the kids names, but by gosh i can probably tell you what that fabric at the bottom of the heap is for...LOL