Thursday, January 21, 2010

The bigger I go, the liker I get

I started out with the intention of sashing these blocks in white. I laid them out before cutting any of the sashing fabric and yawned. Tori suggested black. I have black, but for a baby? A wee bit dramatic, no? She pointed out that a quilt, probably, was not going to be the biggest drama in this baby's life ('nother story) but still... So we have here a compromise.

I started with just 4 blocks and, oooh, I wasn't sure I liked it. Up to 12, still not so sure, but maybe coming around. 25? You know, this isn't so bad. By the time I get the last 10 done, I think I'm gonna like this just fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The black and white really makes it pop!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I agree with Tori...babyhood lasts about..what?...35 seconds? I like this very happy quilt you are making!

The Calico Cat said...

Babies like high contrast...