Thursday, January 28, 2010

The End of January

Done, before the actual end of January! Woo!

You still can't see it in this picture, but the blue sparkles. All of it. I found a two yard (why!?) chunk of a darker sparkly blue that I used for the binding. It's the dark edges of night surrounding the icy pale sparkle of January. It's almost like I meant to do that!

Gosh, this picture makes my mudroom look so fancy! It's not, really. That bench is full of hats and mittens, and the basket collects the random detritus that never fully makes it into the house. The quilt that was up previously has been *artfully* draped to cover the spring clamp and pack of ballpoint pens that are in there.

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Gosh, I just love your work. Always very geometric, yet simple on the colors.

Good job Dorothy.

HA! My word verification is "colder"...for YOU...or ME?

QuiltingFitzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicky aka Stichr said...

fantastic!!