Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hang on, what?!

This week without much happening has become busier and busier ever time I blink! I worked yesterday, 3/4 day. Today was an orthodontist appointment, a trip to the grocery store, and ahhhhh an afternoon getting January quilted. Trimmed and squared up for binding too! I'm working tomorrow and Friday as well. The little paycheck next week will be a nice bonus, especially considering property taxes and the water bill, on top of our regular monthly bills are due. And I'm having lunch with my friend Kathy Friday, too.

I'm not sure what to do about a binding for this little quilt. I have very, VERY little of the top fabric left, the back is nice enough for something that's going to face the wall, and it doesn't go enough to be the binding. I guess I *could* do a facing instead. hmmm. I'll root through the pit and see if there's any better option.

2 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

leave the edges raw....dare to be different.

Dorothy said...

No, Vicky, that's something YOU could do. I live too far over the right/left brain line to be anywhere near that interesting.

It's bound, traditionally, with nice crisp mitres. Ahhhh... tonight I'll stitch that down, and January may actually make it up on the wall before January is over.