Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hey auction! Look what you're getting!

Last Week

Needlework
finish Silent Auction quilt top

Other
Tuesday - Tori, Simon, Daniel dentist
Wednesday - Hair appointment - cancelled
finish delivering ACS Daffodil Days forms
continue taxes


Ta-da! Stained Glass Windows is now a top! (and it is square, my photography skills lack.) I finished piecing the sections yesterday and then left it in the way for a while so I could look at it and hmmmm. Scott asked if I was trying to decide if I liked it, and actually no. I mean, no, I knew I liked it. I was trying to decide if it needed to be bigger. Bigger was certainly possible, still is, since the only long strips are across the width. I could piece four more windows, add the side sashing and a bottom strip and make this thing an extra 13" longer. I finally picked it up, dropped myself onto the couch, covered my feet and pulled the quilt almost to my chin. It's big enough.

I'm going to use some of those other black and whites for a pieced back, I'll pull together some batting and get this one done before next weekend. The quilting will be straight line stuff - nothing fancy. I think the fabric speaks loud enough.

We finally got some snow this week - enough for me to cancel my hair appointment for Wednesday morning. I'd have never got there in time anyway. It actually looks like winter now! All that snow the the east coast got in February went south of us - our roads were clear and many lawns completely bare. No more! There was 15" of heavy wet snow Wednesday and we're expecting more this week. March will be coming in like a lion around here, and that's fine with me. I haven't even had time to think about my garden, nothing more than dreams and grow-bag lust, anyway.

Next Week

Dinner Menu - Feb 28 - Mar 13

Sunday - pork chops, scalloped potatoes
Monday - potato bacon soup
Tuesday - meatloaf
Wednesday - spaghetti
Thursday - Spicy Tangy Chicken Thighs (I didn't make these last week)
Friday - Stromboli
Saturday - fish or chicken nuggets and fries
Sunday - Pot roast
Monday - Italian wedding soup, no-knead bread
Tuesday - Sweet & Sour pork with rice
Wednesday - omelets and bacon
Thursday - mac and beef
Friday - pizza
Saturday - *something in the crockpot - talent show night!


Needlework
Layer and quilt Stained Glass Windows


Other
Back to School!
Wednesday - Simon orthodontist
Friday - collect ACS Daffodil Days forms
Friday - Daniel Scouts
finish taxes

3 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

the red makes a great color to show off the blocks. good choice!

Nancy E said...

Really love this one!! I have been making scrappy crazy blocks (4.5", 5" and 6.5" without knowing what I'll do with them) and I'm using fabrics left over from each quilt, so I have a 'memory' of each quilt I've worked on. NOW I know what they can have done with them. Thanks!!

Helen in the UK said...

Love the crumb quilt! I have tons of crumbs ... maybe I should follow your example and get busy :)