Thursday, April 22, 2010

$#!*, %!*&, ^%#!

Yeah, that's frustration spelled out up there. I cut fabric for an hour and a half yesterday. I sewed for 10 minutes and gave up in disgust. I think it might have something to do with the pollen induced concrete that has filled my head the past week or so, but also my stupid frugal nature.

So, I'm starting the pineapple blocks for Danielle's quilt. Common sense and past experience suggest I should paper piece these, especially the center diamond in a square block. And I should use BIG pieces. But nooooooo. I don't want to "waste" the paper (even though I have a stack of printed-one-side scrap paper sitting right beside my printer.) I don't want to "waste" the cut offs from trimming up paper pieced fabric (even thought this is all scrap, much of it free to me.) So I cut the centers. And I cut triangles for the corners. And I try, try, try to get them to work. And they don't. So I rip, trim, try again. And again. And again. And then I swear, and pack it up to start fresh tomorrow.

It's tomorrow. So far I have gone to the grocery store, wandered around the garden center, checked my roses (all good) and peonies (no sign of them.) I've done two loads of laundry. I went to the pharmacy. I've even contemplated lunch. But have I sewed? heh. nope.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I started that quilt too. Decided to go the paper piece route. First one was difficult working with such a large piece of paper.But went pretty smooth after that. I have four blocks done. There's a picture on my blog of the first block and I'll put the other three on tomorrow.