Sunday, April 25, 2010

last/next

Last Week

Needlework

Sew 30 minutes every day
Start Danielle's quilt
cut apart jeans in laundry room to determine if I have enough


Other

Monday - Sub Ekroos am
Monday, Wednesday - Daniel Little League practice

Tuesday - Body Pump class?
Tuesday - PTO (need Staff Appreciation budget and volunteer sign up list)
continue dialogue with staff appreciation planning people

gather materials for garden frames
plant daylilies from Beth (if I get them and the soggy ground allows)

Well, another unfulfilling week. I did sew, just about every day (and more than 30 minutes on those days that I did), and boy did I get frustrated doing it! I am stubborn, and I don't enjoy paper-piecing, but I see no way around it - these pineapples just won't happen without a foundation. So... the colour seems like it will work, and I do like the way the pattern looks, so I guess I'll just suck it up and do it. Dammit. Also, the 18" block size isn't going to work., at least I don't think so. We'll see.

I did take a stab at the pile of jeans in the laundry room, and harvested some zippers for my monster purses. Those, as I've said, will be projects for the Craft Fair in December. The dozen (I think?) santa hats I ordered from someplace online just after Christmas finally arrived last month, so they're ready to go too, for another batch of Santa handbags. The Pineapple quilt is for my niece Danielle, for Christmas, and I'll get one together for my nephew Nic as well. No pineapples, though. And definitely NOT this week.

I have a full, full roster this week, and I'm exhausted looking at it written down. We'll be relying on the crock pot and the freezer this week, for sure! The ASEP classes (Afterschool enrichment) are all mine this week and next as we work on projects for next week's Staff Appreciation events. We'll got a mural to assemble Tuesday and Wednesday this week, and milk carton flower pots to decorate and plants to put in them next week. The BRAT (Being Really Awesome Together) girls decorated candy tins for me this past week, and will assemble recipe collections next Thursday. They're all good kids, and great workers, but they need supervision, and this week and next, I'm it.

Next Week

Dinner Menu - April 25 - May 8

Sunday - Mongolian beef
Monday - Tomato soup, grilled cheese
Tuesday - Chicken fingers, Fries, Pumpkin Dump Cake. Simon's Birthday!
Wednesday - Chili
Thursday - Spaghetti
Friday - pizza
Saturday - hamburgers, oven fries
Sunday - grilled chicken breasts, risotto, green beans
Monday - Quiche, salad
Tuesday - Deli sandwiches
Wednesday - Cheesy mac & Beef
Thursday - omelets and bacon
Friday - stromboli
Saturday - hot dogs, hamburgers

Needlework

Sew 30 minutes every day
continue Danielle's quilt

Other

Monday - Truck in for muffler repair
Monday, Wednesday - Daniel Little League practice
Tuesday - Simon's Birthday!!!
Tuesday - ASEP
Wednesday Sub Foley pm
Wednesday - ASEP
Thursday Daniel - Game Club
Thursday - BRAT class
Thursday - Daniel team pictures
gather materials for garden frames
plant daylilies from Beth (if I get them and the soggy ground allows)
STAFF APPRECIATION NEXT WEEK!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

The blocks are great ,love the color choice.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I can do the paper removal if you want....I love to do that part, but then I love pp-ing...all of it!

love the colors of this new quilt!