Friday, June 25, 2010

It's Christmas!

(well, halfway there) And I'm beyond halfway on Danielle's Quilt. By next month I will have the top done. Promise!

I'm beginning to like this, too. Thank goodness. It's not fun working on something you don't enjoy. The colour is a little washed out (ha!) in this picture - it really is quite bright.

So, yes, this top will be done by next month, and I'll have started Nic's as well. Someone (anonymous) posted a suggestion that I consider a 4-9 Patch instead of the Disappearing 9-Patch. Consider? I'm doing it! This Pineapple quilt is making me a little nuts, a simpler block sounds like just the ticket for the next one.

I'm kicking myself for not having done this year's batch of Santa Hat bags - the box of them that I ordered just after Christmas hasn't even been opened yet. Now it's hot and humid and red fuzz just seems totally unpleasant. Maybe I'll haul out some of the upholstery fabrics from the box I got from Marilyn last fall and test drive a couple of Monster Coin Purses before next month too. No fuzz, little ironing - sounds perfect for July.

On another tangent, I'm trying to figure out how to do a whole lot of bartering for Christmas presents. I know what I have to offer, I'm just not sure what I want...

No comments: