Tuesday, October 05, 2010

And we're off

The walk starts today, for the next three days. I think these kids are going to be surprised by how *not* a big feat it is to walk 7 or 8 miles. Of course by the third day, it'll be REAL old for them. But it's a good thing they're doing. The funds they raise will be divided between the Veterans Program at our local hospital (the end point of our trip) and Leukemia research.

I went over the see Ellie and her mom Pattie yesterday. I made Ellie a body pillow from the leftover string blocks - fleece on the back so it's soft against her poor bald head. She and her little doggy seemed to love it. I did a little cooking yesterday too, and so took over some meals for the freezer. When you spend most of each of your days driving the 45 minutes each way to chemo appointments or the emergency room, I can imagine not having to worry about fixing dinner is a relief. I can't do much, but I can take that stress off Pattie's shoulders for a few days.

No comments: