Monday, October 11, 2010

Hey Chris, pass the cranberries, eh?

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends! We don't have a long weekend here. Maybe Columbus Day is an actual holiday in some states, but not ours. In past years I've made our Canadian turkey dinner on Monday, but lately everyone has to be in different places at different times, and getting everyone here at the same time gets tricky. So Sunday it is. Or was. Tori did have to go to a Girl Scout meeting at 4, but was home before the rolls come out of the oven.

When we lived in Waterloo, Thanksgiving also meant the Oktoberfest parade. Used to be Oktoberfest, the largest Bavarian festival outside German, was a big, drunk, week-long excuse to party. It's turned into a real fun family event, and sigh, I miss going to the parade every year. The Montreal CTV channel, which our cable carries, will air the parade, but at 9, I'll be at the gym, so I'll miss it. **oh! I just checked the CTV listing and it's on at noon! Awesome!**

Christopher Columbus? Where to even start. He died believing he'd been to Asia on all four of his trips west, and no one could convince him otherwise.

Today - tidy a little, then gym, groceries, start soup for supper, then I WILL sit down and sew. After lunch and the parade. of course.

No comments: