Monday, October 25, 2010

Up early

This never happens. I woke up around 4:15 and just didn't go back to sleep. It's going to be a long day. But, let's get started anyway.

So, it's October. This will be the last Christmas on the 25th post, starting next week, it'll be Christmas on Thursday. Every Thursday until, well, Christmas. 2 months from today - 61 days. yipe!

•There has been little progress on Craft Fair items. I think I've posted a picture of the 10 or so little coin purses I've done - none have eyes yet, though I did buy a bag of assorted white buttons. I'll get those done for a picture next week. I had an idea yesterday for some reversible hot pad/table runners. Nothing more than an idea, though. I have to go to town on Wednesday, maybe I'll stop in at Joann and see what they've got for Christmas fabric. Plus aprons, Santa purses... I most definitely have to find the time to sew every day from now until the end of November.

• Nic's quilt is quilted, the binding is attached, and I'm about 1/2 way through hand sewing it down. The quilting is simple, simple - a square spiral, for lack of a better term. Quick and done (though it would have been better done if I hadn't rushed as I got to the end. There's a few puckers from not having tightened the backing well enough.) This is a horrible picture, I've exaggerated the sharpness so you can see the stitching. I'll post a better, finished picture next week. Ellie's quilt is behind it, you can see it got an all-over loopy thing.

•Technically, Ellie's quilt (whole thing in yesterday's post) is not for Christmas, but it will be hung for display at the Craft Fair at the beginning of December behind a fundraising gift-wrap table. I need to find out if that gift wrap station will be a fundraiser strictly for Ellie's family, or if the profits will be split with the family of another little girl from our school who was just diagnosed with abdominal cancer. If both, I'd like to have something for her as well. Plus I still have to see if I can wrangle up some free gift wrap.

Heh, good thing I'm up early, I have WORK to do!

No comments: