Saturday, November 06, 2010

Next!

Since I'm working on the last thing on the official list, I guess it's time to repopulate it. So let's see.

The next Next Four.

#1 Daniel's Quilt It's started. In fact, I have the top all cut out, all the blocks and sashing sewn, all that remains is assembly and quilting. I have some plaid flannels in the basement that have been aging for more than 10 years. I think they're ready. We haven't had any measurable snow yet this winter. This quilt, knock wood, will be ready before we do.

#2 Craft Fair items - Also started. I have all the monsters sewn, and eyes selected for each, so they're now evening hand work. It's still wet outside, so I haven't had the chance to cut those Santa hats for those bags, but they're ready to go as soon as the weather cooperates. I've ordered some yardage from fabric.com (Christmas fabs are already on clearance) for aprons, as well as some Insul-Bright to try out my runner/hot pad idea. There's enough yardage to make 5 decent sized ones, but I don't know if there will be time before the Craft Fair to get to them. Maybe. Due Dec 4

#3 Raffle Quilt for Talent Show - Still working on a theme here. Part of me thinks that I'd like to tie it in some way to our new school garden. It's a space that not only provides a learning environment for plant biology at all grade levels, but the crops produced go straight into the school lunch program. It won't be funded by the raffle, (that money goes toward in-school enrichment programs) but it could help generate interest. Whatever it is, it'll wait until after Christmas. Due March 19, 2011

#4 Simon's Christmas Quilt - He says green. He like angular, geometric design, so that's what I'm working with. And after Simon? No Christmas quilts until... 2015? Wow!) It's for next Christmas, but I'd like to have it done in time for the county fair in August. Due Dec 25, 2011.

So that's that. I'm sure there will be emergencies that spring up between now and next Christmas, and projects that will sneak their way in between, but this should hold me for a while, anyway.

No comments: