Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Again with the busy!

So I worked today and got outed at lunch (hi Marilyn!) Much fun and I suspect at least one of my lunchmates will track me down here. Probably need to clean up the language a little. ;o)

Goldie and his missing parts are still at the vet - better he leaks bloody pee all over their cage than my couch.

What else? Tomorrow I need to zip (limp?) up to the big city to get that stoopid tire/rim/valve stem issue looked at. While I don't mind topping up the air every few days, I'm afraid it's gonna blow at an inopportune moment and I'll be stuck or worse. And then after that I have to go spring Mr. Peebody from the animal hospital. And perhaps chase the vacuum around a little. So. There's my day wrapped in a nice little package. $#*! I have a few more nice little packages to wrap too.

**Serious Stuff Now** ahem

So I've been thinking about my word for the year (<-click the link and scroll all the way to the bottom to see what I'm talking about). For the year coming up, and the year past. This year's word was BELIEVE and holy hell was it hard. I lost faith in just about everything this year, including myself, struggled to regain it, fought to BELIEVE and time and again the harsh light of day to day to day suggested that what I wanted to believe in wasn't real. It wasn't worth the effort. And every time I was about ready to throw in the towel and admit defeat some damn DAMN thing would remind be to just believe. Believe in something better, something fairer, something invisible, intangible, impossible. Did believing make it happen? Oh hell no. Sometimes I think it actually made the thing I wanted LESS real. But I persevered.

Believing made it easier to be positive. And being positive made it easier to believe. How's that for a circular firing squad? I'm glad to see this year behind me, and I have to say I'm glad to see this word go too. What did I learn? That faith without examination provides no opportunity for growth. That while it's sometimes easier to walk away from a problem than to fix it, sometimes you have to stick around and fix it anyway. That I am strong and capable and a weak, whimpering baby. So yeah - kicked my ass it did. Next year? How about an easy one?

Nah... (I've been pondering again)

No comments: