Saturday, July 09, 2011

I really wish I wasn't so cheap...

...and a little more lazy. Today's project is replacing the pump/motor assembly on the dishwasher. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd have just bought a new dishwasher and had someone install it for me. Or called a repairman to come fix this one. Both would have cost $250+, but noooo, I'm cheap. And not lazy. Instead I've dropped $130 on a new motor and cleared my Saturday morning to replace the old used-to-just-be-noisy now-it-doesn't-work-at-all pump/motor assembly.

As soon as my coffee's done.

EDIT: 2 1/2 hours later, DONE!

2 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

ta da! i knew you could.

QuiltingFitzy said...

We bought a house with a dishwasher. 6 months down the road, I actually tried to use the thing, and of course, it didn't work. Called the man. Man said, "Mrs., you really need a MOTOR to make this thing work." OK, so shoot me, I didn't look first, hahahaha.

I wish I had the time to fix things. Cuz I can.

Good job D!