Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Further

So now it's time to step up.  Yesterday I spouted some platitudes and pretty words about walking the talk, doing the right thing, making a difference.  knocking down the small injustices to topple the big ones.  This morning, this showed up in my Facebook feed.  gofundme.com

I know this family.  I know that Juan is none of the terrible things the president says he is taking a hard line on.  He is a father, a husband, a farmer.  A taxpayer, a booster, a volunteer.  He is a good man, an honest man, and a LEGAL resident.  His skin is the wrong color, and his path to the US did not involve the Mayflower or, you know, a steamer from Kallstadt.  Toss him over the wall!

For reasons I will not go into here, yet, I do not have money to support his fight.  But I have email, and I have stamps, and I have representatives in Washington and Montpelier, and dammit I will help.  This small injustice is HUGE to the six children that call him dad.

No comments: