Monday, August 28, 2017

Not sleeping

The accident on Saturday is keeping me from sleeping.  I'm fine through the day, but when I close my eyes, I see a red bike pulling right in front of a black bike.  I see them both explode into a hundred pieces, flying through the air toward me, and bodies hitting a truck.  Over and over.  Trooper June asked me to be in touch if I remembered anything else beyond my statement, and I think rewatching this is my way of looking for detail.  I haven't found any.

and

The right side of my brain has been begging for attention.  Summer is ending, the weather is getting cooler, and outside is becoming less needy.  I've been thinking about knitting, perhaps something lace for mom for Christmas.  For the past few years I've bought her interesting jewellery, but she said something earlier this month.  It was her birthday and one of my brothers had bought her a necklace or something. "You know, I only have one neck.  When am I supposed to wear all this stuff, when I cut the grass?"  She'll never be anything but gracious to your face, but she will also make sure that somehow or other, you'll get the message that enough is enough.  She gave Tori a pendant I gave her a few years ago, told her it was too heavy (??) and then told me that she thought it looked better on a younger neck.  Message received, mom.  Loud and clear.

And speaking of Mom, it's Monday, and it's 9 pm.  Time to call.

No comments: