Sunday, September 24, 2017

Meandering

Is this a cop out?  Nah, I don't think so.  I really want to get this quilt done and a meander seemed like just the right thing.  I've bought something for the binding that perfectly matches the earthy green in the floral.  Yay!  I'm 1/2 way around the outer border, two more sides to go, then trimming, attaching the binding, and stitching it down.  Then Juli's quilt, then Christmas! ;)

*Abrupt subject change, sorta*

Sometimes, I hear voices.  Not really *hear* but I get messages from my SELF that there are things I need to take care of.  Take care with.  Several years ago, I got out of the habit of immediately putting on my seat belt.  I don't know why, but there it is.  I'd drive out as far as the mailbox and I'd hear "You are important" and I'd know.  The seatbelt would go on.  Because Oh. My. God if anything happens to me, who takes care of my kids?!    Today, I got "Slow down."  I was driving, I was doing the speed limit.  After 3 loads of laundry and finishing the lawn, I was on my way to the grocery store and Costco, Goodwill, maybe Christmas Tree Shop, the ATM... flat out.  So I slowed down.  I didn't go to the ATM.  I didn't go to Christmas Tree Shop or Best Buy or Lowes.  I wandered around Costco and Goodwill and lived in the moment I was given.  Then I came home, threw out the pair of shoes I'd worn (they make my feet hurt) made some burgers and decided to spend some time with Rhoda's quilt.  And that's where we started.  Meandering.

See?  I don't know how "slow down" is going to work at work.  Or at other work.  But let's find out.

No comments: