Thursday, October 12, 2017

I tend...


I get a daily dose of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project in my feed reader.  The other day, she offered a link to a quiz to determine which of her Four Tendency categories you most likely fit into.  I'm an Upholder, apparently.

An Upholder accepts rules, whether from outside or inside. An upholder meets deadlines, follows doctor’s order, keeps a New Year’s resolution.  Upholders respond readily to outer and inner expectations.
Yeah, that's me.

I make a menu, I follow it.  I make a To Do list, I check off those boxes.  It's what works for me, and without those parameters, I flounder.  Nothing motivates me like a deadline.  Or a finish line.  And I'm really okay with that.

The quilt I posted yesterday, Rhoda's quilt is for the sister of a (let's say) friend.  I don't know Rhoda well, at all, but I have met her and I like her.  When I discovered that she was getting married at the end of the month, my finish line appeared.  And yes, I will be done in time.  All the machine quilting is done, the binding is attached and needs only to be hand sewn to the back.  It's one of my most favorite parts of the process.  I'm not sure how it's going to go without my assistant, though.  I miss you, Beanie.  320(ish) inches of hand stitching, a run through the washer and dryer, a bow and a card, and done.

Next up is Juli's quilt, and it is getting the fastest of finishes.  No fancy quilting on this one.  The design won't be diminished by an allover meander, and she won't care.  I'll move beyond the hard feelings, and all will be well.  I need to look up the last day for shipping to Canada to make it for Christmas.  That'll be that deadline.  And then?  Dunno.



I do know.  This nonsense.

No comments: