Sunday, November 26, 2017

Weekend Update

Juli's quilt remains nameless, perhaps it will come while I'm quilting it.  It's layered and on the machine right now, and I think I'll do it this afternoon.  With an extended weekend, I got all (most) of my chores done earlier, so today's wide open.

I'm also going to add a hanging sleeve to Forever.  I'm not sure why I can't find a picture of it, but I'll post one when it's properly hung, and not just pinned to the wall.  I bought a rod yesterday, a sleeve will take just a little time, and it will honour the quilt as it deserves.  Probably I'll have to clean up the bookcase below it though.  It's easy enough to ignore a little dust and a few spiderwebs, but once I see something, I can't unsee it, and I'm compelled to take care of it.

These 2 little aprons got done on Friday.  They're reversible, easily resizable (the strap runs through a channel) and were ordered by a teacher at VUES for her granddaughters.  They're quick(ish) to make and fun to choose fabric for; I really love that dogs on bicycles print.  I'll have to go through my old Craft Fair box to remind myself what I charged for them.  Material cost for both was under $20, with sales and coupons, and I end up with a little pile of scraps to add to my collection.  They'll be incorporated into future projects, no doubt.  There are 4 more Christmas quilts, at least, in my future.

The to get started.  Let's get this week down on paper, hmm?  No PT this week, and no other evening plans either, not yet anyway.

Menu
November
26 Sunday - Leftovers
27 Monday - Quiche & Salad
28 Tuesday - Meatloaf & Pierogies
29 Wednesday - Lasagna
30 Thursday - Chicken Fajitas
December
1 Friday - Pizza
2 Saturday - Mac & Cheese
3 Sunday - Roast Chicken
4 Monday - Grilled Cheese & Soup
5 Tuesday -
6 Wednesday - Spaghetti & Salad
7 Thursday -
8 Friday - Pizza
9 Saturday
10 Sunday
11 Monday
12 Tuesday -
13 Wednesday - Spaghetti & Salad
14 Thursday -
15 Friday - Pizza
16 Saturday

My plan to be winter ready is mostly in place; I need to clear a little more space in the garage, I need to put the summer tires out of the way, but first of all I need to get the plow on the tractor.  None of these cost anything except time, and my workload at my school job is decreasing this week and next, and won't pick up again until after the New Year.  The cafe load, however, will pick up until the end of the month but it's okay.  We'll be closing Dec 24-Jan 1, and I'll sleep then. 😁  I think this week, I'm going to aim for installing the plow (Tuesday after school) and enough room in the garage to pull the car in.

To Do
Plow on tractor
Hanging Sleeve on Forever
Garage
Put summer tires away
Jen's hat

No comments: