Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas Approaches

One month from today, in fact.  I have nothing but plans, and a firm belief that Christmas will happen whether I'm "ready" or not.

That's not entirely true.  The ready or not part is, but the nothing is not.  I have a commission for two little aprons (done) and Juli's quilt is under the needle.  Pictures tomorrow, perhaps.  I'm going to take Dec 8 off work, and run gifts up to Quebec to mail.  I had toyed with the idea of going to Ontario at Christmas time, but I don't think I can afford it.  It's a long drive, and the pile of work I'd return to here would be overwhelming.  Maybe, though.

I've also picked up some knitting.  A year ago, someone gave me a large quantity of beautiful yarn, saved dumpster by way of the cousins when mother-in-law died and the family cleaned out her house.   She refused payment, but I found out from her daughter that purple is her favorite color, and everyone needs an extra hat when the temperatures drop, right?

I'm tired, it's late, and this long weekend os almost over.  Weekend update tomorrow.

No comments: