Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas on Thursday

This will be my routine,  I think - Christmas updates on Thursdays.  There will be little progress for a while, but accountability is always good, especially in 2018 when I think I will not be buying Christmas.  Up first, Braiden.  

My next to youngest nephew turns 16 next summer, so he's next in line for a quilt.  And, less than a week after Christmas 2017, I not only think I know the design, I've started gathering fabrics!  Go me!

It will not be white, it will have way less bright red and blue in it - I'm leaning more to browns and greens (those are pine trees!) with a tan/gold background.  And I believe it will be a little less delicate than this picture suggests.  I'll post pictures as I get blocks together, assuming this goes as planned.  Sometimes plans change!  And change is good.

And I need to think about everyone else's gifts.  If I'm knitting or sewing, I'll need to start early.  Ugh.  Fibre arts in summer are a little sweaty.  And barter is an option... let's see.

No comments: