Friday, December 01, 2017

Time's Up.

I don't know what that means, or maybe I do.

This morning, this was what the voice in my head was telling me.  Time's up.  And then, I had my legs kicked out from under me.  Everything I have built in my little cafe (and I do believe it's mine) may be over.

It's been leased to someone, someone who will change the name, I suspect change the feel, the heart, and the soul of the place.  It's not mine anymore.  And this will happen in one month.  I have not met Yvonne yet, and I should reserve judgement.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but as of January 1, I am the employee of someone who follows Tucker Carlson, Milo Yiannopoulos, and Don Jr. on Facebook and who belongs to groups called "We the Deplorables" and "Trump Machine."  Hooo boy.

So what do I really want?  I don't know.

Time's up.  I knew something was coming, I've been busily ignoring all the subtle needling I've been getting from the universe, however I have made a few connections, and stuck my foot in a few doors.  Can I recreate what I had here somewhere else?  I don't actually know.  I'm not sure *this* exists anywhere else.  What I do know, though, is if I do go somewhere else, if I move to a different cafe (that opportunity actually might exist) a lot of what made my cafe successful will come with me.  That and a coffee grinder, a crock pot, a KitchenAid Mixer, a freezer, and a big, beautiful collection of cake stands. ;)

No comments: