Sunday, December 03, 2017

Weekend Update

This week coming up is another busy one.  I'm getting tired.

The control cable for the tractor arrived yesterday so that needs installing,  And the tire chains.  Plus I still have bulbs to plant before the ground freezes.  And work!  The Afterschool Meals Program is reduced after Wednesday, one of the groups is done until after the winter break.  The cafe will be closed Dec 24-Jan 1, and then who knows?  I'll sleep when I can.
Oh, and Sinterklaas is this week!

Cleaning for a Cause: Last week I gathered some things I'd made for craft fairs in the past, dropped them in a pretty basket on my desk with a donation jar, and hoped I'd raise a little money for Chef José Andrés' World Central Kitchen.  I'm over $100!  What kind generous people I have in my life!  I'll share more on Chef José's foundation later this week, but for now I'd like to just wrap myself in the goodness we're sharing.


Now, the serious business portion of the show. 😐

The Next 4

#2 Julie's Quilt on the machine ready to quilt Due Dec 7 
As of this minute, I'm a little bit over 1/2 done the quilting.  I broke my last #14 needle last night, switched to a #12 and immediately broke 2 more.  I need to get needles today.  I'll *fingers crossed* finish the quilting this afternoon, and get it trimmed for binding.  Signs are still thumbs up for Friday off, so I'm aiming to mail then.

#3 That obnoxious one waiting impatiently. I have backing and batting
Nothing further here, but depending on how my future at the cafe looks, it might be a gift for someone there.  Kind of a "How can you miss me if I won't go away" gift.

#4 Braiden  Due Dec 2018
yeah, nothing new to report

What's for Dinner?
3 Sunday - Roast Chicken
4 Monday - Grilled Cheese & Soup
5 Tuesday - Burgers (or corndogs?) and potato chips
6 Wednesday - Spaghetti & Salad
7 Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie
8 Friday - Pizza
9 Saturday - Steaks
10 Sunday - Turkey Stew w/biscuit top
11 Monday - Fajitas
12 Tuesday - Baked Potato bar
13 Wednesday - Spaghetti & Salad
14 Thursday -
15 Friday - Pizza
16 Saturday

No comments: