Thursday, April 19, 2018

Christmas on Thursday


Woo!  I remembered what day it is, and I actually have something to share.  This is Braiden's quilt - as it stands (sits.)  The chain blocks are almost all pieced (I need to press before I finish assembling those last 6) and the trees are all pieced and trimmed.  A few still have paper attached, but that is a job I reserve for babysitting the oven.

After this, I'll group the trees into 4s, assemble those blocks, and then lay the whole thing out to see how many extras I made, or how many more I need.  There's a slim chance I'll have made exactly as many as I need, but... nah.  No worries.  They all go fast.  I do know that I need to make some 1/2 blocks to fill in the edges - I guess if I made too many, then I've already started! :)

Other Christmas... there's a dulcimer for sale in the local Facebook Marketplace.  $50!  It's screaming SIMON!  for Christmas, but, as Daniel reminded me, I'm really hoping to achieve a $0 Christmas this year.  If it remains posted, maybe I'll reach out and see if the seller has an interest in a barter arrangement.

It's approaching lunchtime, and I have to work this afternoon.  Lunch and get ready.  Maybe I'll see if I have any potting soil in the garage to transplant my radishes.  They're going wild!

No comments: