Saturday, May 19, 2018

World's Finest Cookies


Seriously.  And maybe I've already posted this before, but I can't risk losing it again.  My computer shit the bed a few weeks ago, and I thought I'd lost it.  Just now I remembered that I had saved it to the recipe file at the cafe, and it would appear no one's thought to change the password test, sooo...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Adapted from Harrowsmith Magazine)

3/4 - 1 cup butter or margarine (not spread) softened, even a little melted is fine
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Stir together butter and sugars, add egg and vanilla.  If it is not a humid day, add 1 tbsp water. Stir in flour, salt and soda, then add remaining ingredients.

Spoon onto ungreased baking sheets, preferably one without sides.  (I line with parchment) and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350*

No comments: