Saturday, June 02, 2018

The garden


The garden, she is in!  Or just about.  No onions (where to plant them??) and no zucchini.  I lost the seeds, somewhere on the kitchen counter.

This morning a small group of us got a friend's garden planted.  She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago, and the every-four-weeks chemo is kicking her butt.  Her family is picking up so much, but there's a limited planting window here in VT, especially if you actually want a harvest.  It was a fun morning, and inspired me to get back here and get MINE done.  And it is.  Ish.

And yesterday, with no commitments until 1:30, I dragged my right brain upstairs and quilted the little log cabin for Baby Next-door.  I decided that the double stars that I'd put together looked too much like something I found in the basement.  They're going in the yard sale.  Tonight I'll slip a cold pack into my wrist brace and get started with the binding.

No comments: