Sunday, July 15, 2018

Shit shit shit shit shit

Scott got fired.  Again.  This is his 3rd job in 4 years, and what I earn will not hold us long.  He says he's going to take whatever he can get, and he'd better.  As of the end of the month, well have no insurance, and only about 1/2 as much money as we need to pay all the bills.  He's already alienated every single friend he has who might be able to help out, financially.  One of them I am slowly paying back for a debt Scott walked away from.  He can explain away a lot of his behavior as depression and real Obsessive Compulsive disorder, but neither of those gives him the right to be the asshole that he's become.  I have sadly, helplessly watched it happen, and there's nothing I can do except try to keep my, and Daniel's heads above water.  I have to hold on for 3 more years.

Shit.  Maybe I need a weekend job.  Anyway, that's today's dose of reality.  But even with all that, life goes on.  So...

My oven has been playing nice lately.  I made scones this morning.  Yay, scones!  I haven't made them since I left the cafe, and they were exactly as easy as I remember.  And just as delicious.  Yay for Sunday.

Laundry's about done, the last load is on the clothesline, and I picked up milk ad cereal when I went out to get flour for <- those scones.  Maybe I'll put together some 4 part tree blocks (they're all in 2s right now.)  Pictures of what I accomplish on Thursday - how's that?  I'll make a bunch more HSTs for Laura's quilt too.  And how glad am I that the blazing 95 humid degree sunshine is taking care of the AC bill?  Onward.

This week:

Not much - Daniel's taking the test for his learner's permit on Wednesday.  So far that's it.

What's for dinner?

15 Spatchcock Chicken
16 Grilled Cheese
17 Hot Dogs
18 Spaghetti
19 Deli
20 Pizza
21Mac & Cheese
22 Bratwurst
23 Grilled Cheese
24 Pork chops
25 ravioli
26 hot dogs
27 Pizza
28
29
30 grilled cheese
31 Meatloaf
1


No comments: