Sunday, July 01, 2018

Weekend Update

Ugh, it's so hot.  Approaching 90 already, and it's not even 10:00.  I've spent an hour in the garden already, and there are 3 loads of laundry on the line.  I've had a shower, and shortly I'll get dressed and go to Costco.  It'll be cool in there, at least.  This heat is supposed to last until tomorrow evening - thank goodness I have A/C at work.  It's just awful.  I do need to drag the hose out to the garden for a little bit.  I thinned and transplanted some carrots and beets, and they'll need water to survive.  Maybe I'll do that now, actually.  BRB

There, done.  They don't look too traumatized, and the birds are dancing in the spray of the sprinkler. The spinach has bolted, but everything else looks gorgeous.  Maybe I'll stir fry some chard for dinner, and maybe I'll build a smoothie to for tomorrow's breakfast - there's a lot of kale, and I can use some of the spinach as well.  Berries and bananas in the freezer.

Onward.

July 1 Canada Day! Burgers & Poutine (and chard?)
2 Grilled Cheese
3 ravioli
July 4 Hot Dogs, Salads
5 Baked Potatoes
6 Pizza
7 Chicken Salad, BYO Salad
8 Ribs
9 Grilled Cheese
10 Fried Rice & Egg Rolls
11 Spaghetti
12 Chicken Sandwiches
13 Pizza
14 Bratwurst
15 Spatchcock Chicken
16 Grilled Cheese

 


No comments: