Sunday, October 21, 2018

Weekend Update

Ooooh, it's cold (and getting colder?!)  It was 40º when I got up, it's 37º now.  I think the laundry will go in the dryer, not on the clothesline.  It's windy, but I can't imagine that's enough to dry jeans.  Sigh.  Hello higher electric bills.  But we're not running the AC, so there's that.

Yesterday Daniel and I went to the ReSource thrift store in Williston - he's keeping an eye out for a tent, and I wanted to check if a chair I passed on last week was still there (it wasn't) but they did have a sweet little deLonghi cappuchino machine.  for $8!  So I had a lovely latte with my breakfast today.  Ahhh... (this might signal the return of a bad habit. 😉)  I had found one at Goodwill a few weeks ago, at Goodwill, and I wasn't thrilled with the results.  So I swapped it on the counter, cleaned it up, bagged it, and drove it straight down to HOPE in Middlebury when I went to get gas.  I had a partial box of donations anyway so I topped it up, and out it went.

I've been sewing in the evening!  There's not a lot I want to watch on tv, so after dinner most evenings, I head upstairs for an hour or so.  I think I'll have Braiden's quilt top done this week; I'll post pictures on Thursday.  I've been knitting as well - fronts, back, and (almost) one sleeve done - this WILL get done before Christmas!  Woo!  I'll post that later too.

This week at work will be LONG and busy - well, long days at the beginning of the week, I think, less as we get to the end.  Breakfast today at the harbor (over now, I imagine) and a final checkout of yesterday's wedding guests and the doors will close on the 2019 season.  Staff will begin leaving immediately, with the largest exodus Wednesday.  I'll miss them all.

So, let's have some easy dinners this week.


21 Crockpot Chicken
22 Grilled Cheese
23 Beef Stew
24 Spaghetti
25 Chicken strips & Fries
26 Scott's birthday
27 pizza
28 Mac & Cheese
29 Bread & Soup
30 Shepherd's Pie
31 FFYS (It's Halloween)
Nov 1 Meatloaf
2 pizza
3 chicken stew & biscuits
4 pork loin roast
5

No comments: