Sunday, January 20, 2019

SNOW!!


We're in the middle of a huge snow dump.  I think we're solidly over a foot already, and it'll keep coming for a few more hours.  I believe the forecast says it'll knock off this afternoon, Daniel and I will get out and clear it then.  He's got no school tomorrow or Tuesday, so as long as I can get out, we're good.  We have a freezer full of food, an extra gallon of milk, lots of toilet paper, and we have a puzzle





It's been quite a week.  Ugh.  On Tuesday morning, as I drove in to work, I noticed a State Trooper vehicle parked on the lawn in front of one of the houses on property.  Odd, but not concerning, I thought.  As it turns out, I was wrong.  Our dear friend Angela, who's been at the Harbor for years, seasonally, had died, I believe in her sleep.  We are a small crew through the winter and her death hit many of us very, very hard.  She had just celebrated her 45th birthday, the day before my 55th, and that timing shook me.  If someone exactly 10 years younger than me could die, then I am just on borrowed time, right?  Sleeping has been a little tricky, because honestly, I'm afraid I won't wake up.  I imagine it will pass, but Z-Quil is my friend right now.  The pain of those at work who knew Angela must better than I is hard to bear.  We had a grief counselor come in Wednesday, it was helpful, and agonizing, but it helped.

Mom, 85 and going strong(ish) has a date for her hip replacement surgery.  March 7.  I'm going to see about taking some of the week after off work to go help out with driving and such.  I'll float the idea here - at work it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway.  January continues its status as the suckiest month.  11 days to go.

Once we come back in from shoveling, I'll get the second corner sewn onto Laura's quilt - I'll finish the top this week, I think.  I've got as many HSTs as I need, and maybe enough solid edge pieces - they're easy enough to cut if I don't.  

JANUARY Discretionary spending ✔ Still good
Week 1 - Not eating after 8 pm ✔ Still doing it!
Week 2 - Extra 12 oz water daily ✔ It was not so easy, but I did it!
and this week, 10 extra minutes of exercise every day.  Today, that'll be shoveling. ;)

Nothing on the calendar this week, except Daniel's haircut Tuesday.

What's for Dinner?

20 Garlic Chicken
21 Grilled Cheese
22 Omelets & homefries
23 Spaghetti
24 pork chops
25 Pizza (Robbie Burns Day! we should have Haggis!)
26 Fajitas
27 Pot Roast
28 Deli Sandwiches
29 Stromboli
30 Laze-agna
31 Fried Rice & Eggrolls

No comments: