Sunday, January 13, 2019

It's up to 8º! Practically tropical!

There's not a lot on the calendar this week, nothing on fact, until Saturday morning knitting at the Bixby.

Last week's resolution, to not eat after 8 has worked out just fine.  When I've been inclined to graze, I look at the clock, and then don't.  Easy peasy!  I'm going to keep up with that, but also add 12 extra ounces of water every day.  I was noticing how dry my skin is, and while lotion is a fix for the symptom, I think more water is a better fix for the problem.  The discretionary spending is also under control, and it's only the 13th!  Awesome!  Restricting that to cash only has kept my resolve strong, and has stemmed the perpetual inflow of stuff that just ends up going back out.  Hair cut's paid for, and I still have a little mad money.

I've been working on Laura's quilt in the evenings, and have now "only" to fill in the corners.  Each corner requires 48 (I think) HSTs, and 14 solid squares that will get trimmed into triangles along that edge.  That cut will be bias, though, so I'm going to keep them square until after the quilting is done. I'm about 60 HSTs short, but have enough to fill in 2 corners. I'll make them as leaders and enders as I go, and be sure to mix in new ones with the old ones so that there's no obvious before/after going on.  2 corners by next weekend is my goal, and I think completely doable since my calendar is mostly clear during the evening this week.

My range is slowing falling apart.  The oven is temperamental, the drawer has lost one of the side supports, and on Friday, the oven door hinge spit out a rivet.  I've started a little savings account that gets a tiny influx of cash every payday, and the payment I get for this quilt will go in there too, along with the Christmas check from Mom that's on the way.  There's a stove I really, really want, Let's hope this beast holds out until I have enough $$.

Daniel has plans to play video games with his friend this afternoon, so I'm not going out until it's time to drop him off. I'll go to Costco and Shaws or Price Chopper and then back home and back to my sewing machine.  I'm not even dressed yet, but the laundry's running and the dishwasher is full.

What's for Dinner?

13 Chicken Thighs & Stuffing
14 Deli Sandwiches
15 Meatloaf
16 lasagna
17 Garlic Chicken
18 Pizza
19 Pigs in Blankets
20 Beef Stew & Biscuits
21 Grilled Cheese
22 Omelets & homefries
23 Spaghetti
24 pork chops
25 Pizza (Robbie Burns Day! we should have Haggis!)
26 Fajitas
27 Pot Roast
28 Deli Sandwiches
29 Stromboli
30 Laze-agna
31 Fried Rice & Eggrolls

No comments: