Saturday, August 19, 2006

5 more

string block total - 155 and I'm out of crappy foundation fabric. I do have some muslin pinned up as a "room divider" in the basement - I guess that comes down next. 168 gives me a top that's 105 x 90. Is that big enough? I don't know. I guess I could stop there, assemble, and add more if I need it. Wooo! That end is in sight!

I started sewing down the binding on Duncan's quilt last night. Thank goodness it cools off after dinner or this would have to wait until Halloween. Life ramps up considerably in the next few weeks and quilting's gonna hafta take a back seat for a while.

7 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Dorothy, WHO do you have pinned up in your basement? Sure don't you mean MUSLIN, silly woman!

Dorothy said...

OMG!!! I can't believe I did that!

While I am sure that there are a number of people I'd take some perverse pleasure in pinning up in my basement, absolutlely none of them are followers of Islam.

I REALLy cannot believe that I did that. I try to be especially careful with those two words - I was once in a store and an older lady was there who INSISTED what she needed was "Unwashed Muslim" "I don't care if it's bleached or not, what the book says I need is some unwashed Muslim."

Muslin. Muslin. Muslin. What do the British call it? calico? THAT's what I need.

Anonymous said...

Muslims for foundation piecing...I don't think I have seen that book. And I thought we could find ANYTHING in New York.
You can't stop quilting in the next couple of weeks...who will I turn to for inspiration?

Dorothy said...

Well, as religions go, I guess Islam is as sturdy a foundation as you could find. Enouh of that.

Pigley, you don't need me. You can do this. You can! You can!! *chuckle* I'm seriously waiting for whatever this bug I've got to run it's course - I haven't sewed this much or been this organized in forever. I'm sure it'll be passing shortly and I can go back to ranting about stupid politicians and the PTO in no time.

Anonymous said...

Well, I dumped the boyfriend. That should give me extra time for quilting! Ruthless, I tell ya!

Dorothy said...

Whatever it takes.

Can I send you some commiseration chocolate?

Anonymous said...

I don't really eat chocolate, I am more of a Red Vines/Lemonheads kind of girl.
I am not sad, it was something I needed to do.