Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not gonna happen

That bra quilt isn't going to be ready for tomorrow. Since the deadline was completely self-imposed I don't feel too bad, though. I REALLY don't like the thing. I like the idea, I like the way it looks, I like the sentiment, but I loathe working on it. So I haven't. Tomorrow I will wet it and block it as square as I can get it, then bind, then finish and mail or drop it off. I truly just want it to be gone, just not here any more. Kinda scary having that kinda cleavage hanging over my head, you know? I feel like an infant at a Hooters party - overwhelmed.

The scarf continues, I pick it up often and enjoy working on it. That's a big part of the bra quilt problem, I've let my interest wander elsewhere. Elsewhere EASIER.

After that is the Spring Crazy quilt. I want to tie it with pink ribbon, but haven't come up with a non-ravelling solution. I guess Fray-chek is my friend (though I don't like that option so much.) Anyone have a suggestion for a non-ravelling fabric ribbon?

And then the Map of the World. I'm looking forward to that one, too. I've starting thinking about the backing for it. No thoughts yet, I'll have to see what's in the pile downstairs. I think I have some twill or lightweight canvas that I can use for a sign-able mat/border. This is another quilt with a deadline, though. Early May, I may have to bump this ahead of the Spring quilt. I dunno.

I should take some pictures.

2 comments:

dee said...

I don't understand why you can't squeeze about ten more things into your paltry schedule! I did the meme-it was fun, thanks.

Rian said...

Infant at a Hooters party indeed. Too funny!

That's the problem with deadlines. They create stress where none really exists.