Saturday, June 30, 2007

Inspiration?

We had a nice time at VQF this afternoon. Debra found Tori and I not too long after we got there. We wandered around the contest quilts, selected our viewer's choice, searched for something, anything that might spark some renewed interest in picking up a needle. If it was there, I missed it. Debra commented on the many traditional quilts, and the large number with hand quilting. I guess that's what New England quilting looks like - traditional. Of course there were many more modern design quilts, but this year, like last, nothing grabbed me. Darn it.

I handed over the photography job to Tori. I'm downloading the pictures right now, let's see what I got. This was Tori's choice: Front,
and (I like it better) back.
Althea's Waltz in the Starlight Ballroom by Judith Heyward of Mt. Pleasant, SC.

Pretty, yes?

It doesn't appear Tori got a picture of my choice. I'll watch the website when they post the winners and see if it shows up. I'll share a few more pictures, maybe tomorrow.

Somewhere, though, something got me thinking. This week I'm going to root through my batiks and see what I've got from gold to brown to brick red. I'm also going to cut some pink binding and finish up Crazy, then Bevins' quilt gets started. It's gonna maybe look a little like this. I think. 1 inch logs, black and those golden batiks in a simple Courthouse Steps construction. Let's see what happens.

5 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love this design you've worked up. I'm knee deep in my own log cabin, they are so fun to make.

Love the photo in the header!

dee said...

the header looks great! Log cabins are just plain fun-that's my default pattern when I can't think of anything else or my brain hurts. What a good neighbor you are

Rian said...

I'm heading to Log Cabin land myself soon. I'm glad you saw Debra at VQF. She was hoping you'd come.

Jules said...

I love the log cabin design. It glows and moves.

Sorry the show wasn't more inspiring.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

ditto-QF
ditto-dee
ditto-rian
ditto-jules
that about says it all.