Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Balmy

It was 40 glorious, balmy, delicious degrees this morning at 6:30 when I went out to shovel last night's snow off the walk. The sun was almost up, the birds would have been singing if there were any songbirds around here this time of year, and my headache was gone. Oh what a beautiful morning.... It sure was nice while it lasted.
When I dropped off a stack of boxes at the post office at 2:00, the temperature had dropped to 37º and the wind was picking up. When I walked out of Daily Chocolate (hair appointment tomorrow, I needed a gift) at 2:30, it was 34º and getting windier. Right now, at 5:30 o'dark it is in the mid 20s, and ::shudder:: I have to go out in an hour to drop Tori off to babysit. If I put the kettle on before I leave, the water will be boiled and ready for tea when I get back. I might even pull a treat out of the freezer. I went to the Christian School's cookie sale on Saturday, came home and packed just about everything into Tupperware and stashed it in the freezer. The kids can have Oreos, I've got Linzer Tortes, Pecan Tassies, Almond Tarts, and Russian Teacakes.

2 comments:

Rian said...

The weather outside is frightful! But those chocolates should ease the fright some.

Tanya Brown said...

I'm so glad the headache is gone!