Saturday, December 01, 2007

Well, it is December


Here we go. Today it got *up* to 17º and all that up there is due tomorrow night. Heavy snow, followed by ice. By this time Tuesday we'll all be singing "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." I'm going to guess we'll have a snow day Monday. Perfect timing - I'm dropping off the truck Sunday afternoon to get the snow tires put on Monday. Who knows when I'll get it back.

I finished 1000 Splendid Suns - less than a week. For me, lately, that's a superfast read. I loved it, right up to the last 100 or so pages. The end was just too sunshiney, given how grim the rest of the book was. I suspect, though, that I'll read Mr. Hosseini's next book, whenever and whatever that might be. His characters captivate me. Next up, Kanada by Eva Wiseman another selection for the Canadian Book Challenge over -> there.

7 comments:

Rian said...

Brrrrr. And I thought it was darned cold this morning at 39.

Tanya Brown said...

Criminy! Brrrrrrr!!!

Christine Thresh said...

You are right, "The end was just too sunshiney." It sort of spoiled the whole book for me.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I'm putting the heating blanket on our bed. Heck it got all the way down to 50 last night.

It's all relative, I'm freezing!

Please be safe.

dee said...

Chiming in again...It seemed like he got to the end and just blahhed out. Loved the rest of it but not as much as The Kite Runner.
It's snowing and 27. Rats!

Kate North said...

I'll be interested to see what you think of the Eve Wiseman - I've not read her. I must put the Michael Ondaatje on my list - just read (finally) Anil's Ghost on my trip to CA (amazing what 2 international airline flights in one week with no kids can do for your reading time...)

Anonymous said...

We got our first snow of the season early this morning in NYC. But it is never cold enough here. I have the heat off, but it pipes through my apartment anyway. I just keep my window open 2" - 10" all season. If I don't, my apartment is a toasty 86*. Crazy.