Monday, March 02, 2009

I know!

Okay, so I can't (won't) wait until the applique's done. I just have to share this. Last night I took a picture of the pinwheels top to better decide on the placement of the coloured flowers (I think they're fine as is) and was struck by a couple of things about this quilt. First, it's really sweet and girly, isn't it? And second, it looks NOTHING like anything I do. And third I guess, I like it!

Since I'm totally an amateur at applique, I'm going to stitch all those leaves and flowers by machine - they're backed with fusible interfacing à la Eleanor Burns. The bias vine was done by machine and hand - like binding. I'll get all that done this week, and then start fretting over the quilting. I have NO idea. Wish I'd taken that class already - the thought of doing this on my little home machine is a bit intimidating. Size is about 42"x60". I wonder if I have batting and something for the back...

13 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Absolutely wonderful. I like the white in the pinwheels - those little circles and swirls add a great dimension. And the applique - I really like applique over pieced quilts, adds so much. Lovely Lovely!!!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

i love it!

dee said...

Super job Dorothy. It's adorable.

Sara said...

I think it is beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the eye candy.

Janet

Irene said...

Love it - the applique just makes it!

Anonymous said...

I love what you are going to applique. I previously did a pinwheel (did not like it) but NOW I want to make another. You're an inspiration.

Suze said...

it is cute! and so NOT like you - LOL..but I am glad you do like it!Plain white muslin for the back would keep it crisp..The applique design is really nice.

Christine Thresh said...

That is a very nice quilt. Welcome spring!
It must be the new you. The applique placement is perfect.

Qubie said...

looking great. Love pinwheels

Wilma Lee said...

Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

oooooo,love this! I may have to make one just like it!! Nice and bright too!Great job!You come up with the best ideas!

Teri said...

I really like patchwork and applique. You did a good job. I think pinwheels are one of my favorite blocks!