Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quilted, trimmed

Ready for binding. I can almost cross the string quilt off my list! I'll share a picture when it's done.

As I mentioned the other day, I joined the local (new) gym at a great deal. I finally made it over there on Thursday after lunch with Kathy. She's a member too, and probably without even realizing it, inspired me to go over and check it out. So I did. I made an appointment for Friday morning to go over the equipment and devise a workout plan. I used all the weight machines, we decided I'd need to sub in free wights for one of the shoulder machines because I just have some serious weakness in my left shoulder that I need to overcome. It's been a pain since we moved almost ten years ago and I've been babying it. No more. Then a 20 minute calorie burner on the treadmill and home for a shower.

I went back this morning - 40 minute cardio fat-burner on the bike and treadmill. They've got elliptical machines, but I'm just too uncoordinated to make them go properly. Must work on that too.

There are at least 30 more pounds of me than I'm happy to be hauling around. Let's see how many of them I can leave at the gym, hmmm?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brava. Keep up the important work. Alexis