Friday, August 06, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today my mother turns 77 years old. I've ordered flowers to be delivered later, and I called her last night. "So, what are your plans for tomorrow, mom?" Well Martha (her friend) will probably come over in the morning, so I went to the Dutch Shop and bought some pastries to have in the fridge that we can share with our coffee. Sandra's taking me out for lunch, and Robert is going to have a barbeque for supper. I'll walk down to the post office, too."

That about sums up my mother. Walking down the two blocks to pick up her mail is of equal importance to lunch with her younger daughter or a barbecue at her youngest son's. But the pastries in the fridge get top billing. :o)

Happy birthday mom! I love you!

Oma at 1 year old, Oma at her 75th birthday with 13 of her 19 grandchildren.

1 comment:

Wilma Lee said...

How sweet!!!!