Monday, September 04, 2017

Happy Labor Day!

Today, I labored.  I didn't really intend to, but there it is.  I went out to pick some tomatoes and ended up with peppers, beans, potatoes, and zucchini too.  And a wheelbarrow full of weeds.  I came in to have some breakfast and Simon texted saying he was stopping by with a couple bottles of his home brew beer.  Yay! It's very tasty and my head's a little swimmy now.  On a school night!  Scandalous.  While I waited for him, I started de-weeding the patio.  Last weekend I sprayed the center portion with some pickling vinegar and it worked!  And with the dead weeds gone, it looks much better.  Problem is, I ran out of strong vinegar last weekend, didn't buy more, and only had regular white vinegar to finish the job today.  We'll see how it works.  Moving on,  I set to work on the bed in front of the garage, and was most of the way done when Simon and Jenn arrived.  Simon put the beer in the garage fridge, retrieved a printer from the loft, and helped himself to some tomatoes and herbs while Jenn and I kept going on the weeds.  Done, and gee I like that girl! :)

After they left, I drove Daniel over to his friend Kai's house to trade some help clearing a fallen tree for some of the wood.  Honey Locust - he's very excited and they were happy to have the extra hands.  Job done, and I have more wood drying in my garage.

And I quilted!  It's a little warm for it, but I worked on Rhoda's quilt until it was time to make dinner.  I underestimated the amount of work left - there's one more border than I had counted on, but it's all good.  Maybe by next weekend?  I'm not sure wat to use for binding, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.  I think I have a backing for Juli's quilt, but I seriously doubt I have batting.   So maybe a trip to Joann this week.  I'm not sure when, though.  Job #2 starts tomorrow.  Or maybe it doesn't.  There's a little voice in my head saying it doesn't start until the first full week of school...

No comments: