Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Tonight I *am* tired

Last night's no-meds sleep was a giant fail.  Tonight I am Starbucks free, exhausted, and ready for bed at the earliest opportunity.  Should be good.

I started back at the school district supper program - a little different this year from last.  Last year I planned, ordered, prepped & served the afterschool programs at the elementary school.  This year I prep and deliver only, but for all high school. middle school and elementary students.  Less work, and more work.  Today was Day 1, and I am absolutely certain that the new procedure has way fewer fans than haters.  Keeping my head down, doing my job.  It's not me they're hating and it's not my job to fix it.

It's cool and drizzly this week.  This is the weather that makes me want to quilt, and knit, and bake.  And I am too tired to do any of it.  Tonight anyway.  Daniel made dinner, and I marked one of the borders on Rhoda's quilt.  Maybe tomorrow.  I think I'll start some knitting too - Mom has hinted that she has enough jewellery thank you very much, John ruined teaspoon collecting for her (by buying abut 200 random meaningless spoons at a yard sale,) she has no interest in dusting any more Hummel figurines.  But she liked the alpaca lace scarf I made her a few years ago so much that when she refused to give it to her sister (ha!) Tante Kitty asked me to make her one of her own.  She doesn't like mittens, prefers isotoner gloves, and doesn't wear a hat, so another scarf it may well be.  I think was Kitty's but I might be mistaken.

No comments: