Sunday, September 03, 2017

Working Back to Normal

I'm going to try sleeping without a pill tonight.  I'm tired, but not exhausted, and I did have Starbucks around noon.  Let's see how this goes.  Tomorrow's Labor Day, we're closed, so if I sleep late, it's fine.

Friday night we had a nice little fire outside.  I offered up all the newspaper accounts of the accident I could find, along with a handwritten summary of my own and a generous handful of sage.  I can offer nothing more, and I need those demons to rest.  I stayed out until long after the sun had set.  It was cool and lovely and I only dragged myself inside when the snapping branches and rustling bushes in the woods convinced me the critters were approaching.



Today was rainy, remains of Hurricane Harvey I understand, so I got groceries and spent some time quilting.  Rhoda's quilt should be done in short order, and then I can get Juli's quilt done before Christmas.  And then my brother's family will be all done, and I can start enjoying this project again.  It angers me that John (brother) has spoiled the joy I had in making these quilts; it's not his children's fault and so I will give this last one, with as much of the spirit of love and joy and giving as I can muster.  And then I'll let myself be ticked at the obnoxious crowns of entitlement my brother and his wife wear with their cloak of Christian superiority.

Tomorrow I'll spend some time in the garden, and perhaps work on Rhoda's quilt as well.  Done?  Doubtful, but we'll see.  I know where I'm headed with the rest of it.  All that remains is the doing.

Tuesday I go back to my second job feeding the children of Vergennes.  My role is slightly changed from last year, and I don't really know yet how I feel about that, but we'll see.  I am no longer responsible for menu planning, or ordering, or serving.  I prep and deliver, BUT now I prep and deliver for both the elementary and middle/high schools.  It's less work and more work.  But less hi-how-ya-doing time with my friends at VUES.  That's definitely a negative.  The money I make at this will go into my feeble attempt to rebuild my savings.  I'll never get it all back, but I have to try.




No comments: