Sunday, April 29, 2018

Weekend Update

Today I am having a lazy day.  By choice.  It's raining, so there's no yard work or laundry to be done. Lillian rescheduled our Monday work day to Tuesday, so I can get groceries and run errands tomorrow (in the rain) instead.  I have a pot of beans and some pork bones in the pressure cooker, so I'm not wandering too far from the kitchen for the next 1/2 hour.

I had a surprise call/schedule/interview on Thursday/Friday with AgeWell, the senior support organization in this area.  I had submitted an application for a Volunteer Coordinator position a couple of weeks ago, then assumed the position had been filled when I heard nothing back.  Turns out it was, in fact, filled, but the new hire backed out at the last minute.  So they scramble, and my phone rings!  They want to get this spot filled ASAP, so I'll hear one way or the other, by early this week.  I feel the interview went well, we talked for an hour!


Spring has arrived, and since this was a vacation week at school, I spent loads of time clearing brush and downed branches from the area alongside the driveway.  I tell people who ask that it hasn't been done in a few years, but truth is, it hasn't been done, like this, ever.  It looks good. I emptied the spin-y composter into the soon-to-be tomato bed, and emptied the dump-it composter into the spin-y.  Well, mostly.  I filled the spin-y and then lifted the other and moved it, raking out the remains to fill a low spot next to where it had been.  It's good, and today's rain will help settle everything to I can see where I need to add more. With all that low stuff out, the flowers and things will have a change to fill in that space without the box elder and honeysuckle saplings taking over.

There's still about 10 feet beyond the composters that needs attention, but I'm a little reticent to get there. The new neighbors have a free range toddler, and as cute as he is, the parents who stroll behind him and try to reason with him about respecting others' property while not doing the same?  Notsomuch.

I'll need to spend a little money on some grass seed, too.  I've moved all the daffodils out of the lawn side of the "bed" under the pine trees, but all that's filling in the space is moss.  I'll get some lime(?) to fix the pH, then sprinkle on some seed and check that box off my to-do list.  And after that?  The vegetable garden.  I want to be sure to remember to give myself lots of space for cutting flowers.  I love flowers, and no more cats, means I can have them in he house without worrying about someone deciding to taste them.

Anyway.  Beans are done, I ought to get dressed (it's 1:00) and spend a little time with my sewing room.  Woo!

This Week
Mon - Don't forget to go back to work! 😄
Tues - Lillian @Camp 9:00
Wed - Do I have a new job??
Thurs
Fri

What's for Dinner

29 Pork Loin
30 grilled cheese
May 1 pulled pork
2 Mac & Beef
3 Grilled Chicken
4 pizza
5 nachos
6 Spatchcock chicken
7 Grilled Cheese
8 pork chops
9 Lasagna
10 Burgers
11 Pizza
12 BBQ Chicken sandwiches
13 Chicken Pot Pie
14 Grilled Cheese
15 Bratwurst on a bun
16 Mac & Cheese
17 meatloaf
18 pizza
19 
20 grilled cheese
21 tacos
22 spaghetti
23 


No comments: