Sunday, August 19, 2018

At last!

It's cooler.  We've had some rain.  It's the 19th already, but it finally feels like August.

The garden survived!  This butternut is almost a foot long.  And there are five or six of them.  Good thing I've learned to like squash!

I planted some Hubbards too - an heirloom variety that is gold, not blue.  There are a couple of those too, and a half dozen acorn squashes as well.  

There are a zillion tomatoes, the beans have been plentiful.  Zucchinis continue, cucumbers are very, very late.  Beets, maybe carrots?  I can't tell though, because I am over-run with volunteer tomatillos.  I pull them, more grow.  And more, and more, and more.  We'll see.

And this year I indulged and give up a half a bed of the garden to flowers.  My thinking was that no, they would not feed bellies, but they would feed my soul.  I was, obviously, wrong.  No, people don't eat flowers, but the bees and the buggies and *my heart!* the returning Monarch butterflies are being fed, and they need to eat exactly as much as we people do.  Next year, I'm planting a WHOLE bed!



I uploaded pictures of Christmas-to-be on Thursday, and aside for more of the same knitting, nothing's changed.

Last week's H2B lawyer meeting was informative (and informal, whew!)  I think we need to meet with all of our visa staff, though, to make sure we are where we need to be.

Tomorrow is the last band concert of the summer, and there's pie!  I'd like to go, but we'll see.  I'm late out of work most days.  And Saturday's Vergennes Day, and then school starts the following Wednesday.  Wow.

Last load of laundry is in the machine, then groceries, I think, and some yard work.

This week:

Monday - Last band concert.  With pie!
Thursday - Farmers Market
Saturday - Vergennes Day
Next week - Daniel haircut, 1st day of school (we'd better go buy some pants.) 😂
Dinner:

19 BBQ Beef sandwiches
20 grilled cheese
21 pork chops
22 spaghetti
23 deli
24 pizza
25 FFYS Vergennes Day
26 pork loin roast
27 Grilled Cheese
28 Fajitas
29 Mac & Beef 1st Day of School!
30 deli
31pizza
Sept 1
2
3 Hot Dogs & Salads, Labor Day
4 Quiche
5 Lasagna
6 deli
7 Pizza

No comments: