Thursday, August 16, 2018

Oh! It's Thursday, I almost forgot!

My plan, last Christmas, was to not BUY Christmas this year.  I'm still thinking that same thing.  Up first, of course, Braiden's "You're 16 now" quilt:
It'll be probably a little bigger than some of the others, but so is he. ;)

<- this is not the layout.  The "tree" blocks will alternate with the "X" blocks that you can see in the top(ish) corner.  Think Irish Chain.  I laid them out like his for a reason that escapes me now, oh wait, I remember.  Those aren't 4s, they are paired 2s.  I laid them out to make them INTO 4s, which I will then set alternately with the Xs.  Glad I'm just thinking about it, and not doing it right now - there'd be un-sewing this weekend, I'm sure.

So that's that gift.

Number two is not what t appears to be.  Daniel believes this is a sweater for Simon.  It is not, it's a cardigan for Daniel!  He doesn't read this, so he'll never know.  And if he *does* read this, he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

If you look carefully the rib changes about 1/3 of the way up - the body of the cards is knit in one WIDE piece, 190 stitches across.  I'll continue along until 16" from cast-on, then shape armholes from the back (while holding front stitches on 2 spare needles, then shaping armholes from the front, then knitting sleeves and finally attaching the whole business together with saddle shoulders.  (no top shoulder seam - more of an epaulet treatment.  Finally collar and front button bands, and boom!  Instant sweater.  Not.  We'll see.

I'm thinking of asking Daniel to set up the knitting machine I was gifted, to see if I can speed up the process for the next creation.

And that's it.  Christmas gifts for Tori ad Simon?  Still under consideration. (= I have no idea)

No comments: