Sunday, August 12, 2018

Ha, Oops! Hi!

That was an unexpected break.  I just didn't. Anything but work, pretty much.  And have a Friday Fire. :)

My boss took a few weeks off, came back Monday and was fired.  I had been in my chair exactly 2 months, and suddenly, it was my job to do ALL of it.  I have as much support as I need, thankfully but the shear volume of it.  Whoooo.  Neither of us saw it coming.

August has finally brought a slight dip in the temperatures, although today we will break a decades old record of continuous above 80º days.  And tomorrow we'll break it again, and then again, and again, into the foreseeable future.  Right now, at 10:15, it's 85º on my deck.  I cannot wait for a long, lovely autumn.



So, where were we?  I have some sewing and *gasp* knitting pics to share, but they're Christmas, so I'll save them for Thursday (sneak peek here - I like it!).  I've taken a few minutes here and there to make light/dark HSTs for a redo of the Concentric Squares quilt.  They're going fast since I'm using stacks of the charm squares I got on my road trip (in June!) to Erin's mother in law's home.  I should figure out how many I need, though.  Hundreds.  I'm at about 100 so far.

What else?  Garden?  Gangbusters.  Yard? Overgrown and under-maintained.  (See the heat whine above)  I'll catch up.  I'm going to take apart the perennial bed up front - the meadow type flowers will go into the field in the back, the irises and hostas will find new homes here in better places, and the rest will find new homes in someone else's garden once it's cooler.




This week:

Monday - OMG! Meeting at work w/H2B lawyers
Tuesday - hair cut 5:15
Thursday - Farmers Market

Dinner:
12 pulled pork
13 Cheese & Tomato Sandwiches
14 Fried Rice
15 lasagna
16 deli
17 pizza
18 burgers & potato salad
19 grilled chicken
20 grilled cheese
21 bbq beef
22 spaghetti
23 deli
24 pizza
25 FFYS Vergennes Day
26 pork loin roast
27 Grilled Cheese
28
29 Mac & Beef 1st Day of School!
30 deli
31pizza
Sept 1
2
3 Hot Dogs & Salads, Labor Day
4 Quiche
5 Lasagna
6 deli
7 Pizza

No comments: