Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas on Thursday


Well, technically, it was Tuesday, but today I'm sharing the Christmas I made this year.  It seems I forgot to take pictures of the headband I made for Jen, or the hat I made for Abi, but whatcha gonna do.

<- This photo is recreated every year - the subjects get bigger and smarter, and more beautiful, but a little Lego in the stockings goes a long way to slowing down the frantic.

Braiden's quilt has been received, I assume there will be some acknowledgement shortly.  He's a really good kid, in spite of the circumstances of his childhood  - my brother Rob tries, but his (almost) ex-wife has not made anything easy for the past 5 or 6 years.  (Notice that almost - they've been divorcing almost as long as they were married.)  Braiden's sister, my niece Katherine, is 14 and the youngest of the grandchildren on this side.  She'll get a quilt in 2 years, Daniel is next, and then that's it.
Have I shared a picture of Braiden's quilt?  I think so, but here.

 Tori - picnic bag.

It's padded and lined, with sleeves to hold 4 canning jars upright (two pint jars, two quart jars, both with plastic screw on lids.)  There are four cloth napkins in there, knives, spoons and forks for four, and melamine plates that Tori decorated when she was nine or ten.  She'll give me feedback on any improvements she can think of, but more than anything, a bag where the jars don't fall over is a step up from anything she has right now.  ✓

Simon - storage containers.

Simon has terrible leftovers storage.  He brought some at Thanksgiving and I knew what he needed.  Since this is a "making" Christmas, he got them filled.  Cadbury chocolate, candied jalapeños, cashew brittle, "just add water" split pea soup (vegetarian for Jen if he wants,) molasses cookies, and little chocolate chip cookies.  ✓


Daniel - Cardigan.

When I started this, Daniel weighed probably 20 lbs more than he does now.  So it's a little roomy.  Note to self - buttons are troublesome. ;)  I think he likes it, and will like it even more when it actually gets cold - it's pretty cozy. ✓


And that's a wrap.  I think I'm making this the new thing.  Making Christmas.

No comments: