Sunday, December 30, 2018

Happy End to Quite a Year

I mean, I guess compared to many, many other people, my personal year has been pretty anti-climactic, but I am not sorry to see it go.  I won't dwell.

I've been cleaning my spaces - first my bedroom/closet/bathroom, then the stairs, hall, and 'kids' bathroom, then the kitchen.  Really the FIRST first, was the Christmas decor - I edited, Tori took a bunch, and the rest is on its way out, either sold or donated.  There will be more.

I think today might be the last day of sick - holy cow that took a long time!  I'm making Turkey Chili for the freezer / lunches, there's now Split Pea and Pork & Bean to go with the Squash and Beef Barley.  Soup for days!  I'm powering through the bits of leftover meat in the freezer, turning it into things I want to eat.  Like soup. ;)


Yesterday Stacey and I went out for coffee, and had Rice Bowls for breakfast.  So good, not a sugary fat bomb - I should do that here.  I could absolutely do everything but the fried egg and heat at work.  I wonder if there's a way around that, the egg is essential! ;)  Maybe poached, then punctured before I reheat.

And I've started assembling another Bossy Quilt (Concentric Squares) for a teacher friend who immediately fell for the last one.  Of course an art teacher would appreciate the work that value does. :)  Do I have enough HSTs?  Probably, but I have plenty of fabric to make more if I don't.

Tuesday is 2019, Wednesday I go back to work.  I'm actually looking forward to a return to routine.  Daniel, probably not-so-much.  Shrug, let's get at it.

This Week

Monday - State Vehicle Inspection, 9:00
Tuesday -  Happy New Year!
Wednesday - back to work, school
Thursday
Friday
Saturday - It's my birthday!

What's for Dinner?

30 Ham, Scalloped Potatoes
31 Nibbles
1 Bread & Soup
2 Spaghetti
3 Chicken fingers/fish + fries
4 Pizza
5 Steak & Baked potatoes
6 Roast Chicken
7 Grilled Cheese / Tomato sandwiches
8 Meatloaf
9 Baked Mac & Cheese
10 Pork Loin
11 Pizza
12 Pancakes & Sausage
13 Beef Stew & Biscuits
14 Deli Sandwiches
15 Meatballs & Noodles
16 lasagna
17 Garlic Chicken
18 Pizza
19 Pigs in Blankets
20 Chicken Thighs and Stuffing
21 Grilled Cheese
22 Omelets & homefries
23 Spaghetti
24 pork chops
25 Pizza (Robbie Burns Day! we should have Haggis!)
26 Fajitas
27 Pot Roast
28 Deli Sandwiches
29 Stromboli
30 Laze-agna
31 Fried Rice & Eggrolls

No comments: