Monday, November 27, 2006

So here's the plan.

Next Tuesday (December 5th) is the Eve of the Feast of Saint Nicholas. Sinterklaas. And my plan is to be done the gift buying, making, doing by then. That is the plan. The realty may be something completely different. I'll be close though, which gives me just about 3 weeks to work on fun stuff like cookies. Baking them, I mean, though eating them is pretty darn fun too!

Here's the stained glass quilt for mom. I'll give it a quick dampen then block it. While it dries I'll pack up the rest of her things (chocolate covered cashews, some kid pictures, and a bag of Ritz Chips (she can't find them in Canada) then head to the post office. I'll have to ask who plans to be at her house for Christmas, maybe I'll send Duncan's and Amanda's quilts to her place too. That'd be fun (and a REALLY big box!)

Today's goal? Quiltwise - another string panel and some post cards. We'll see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, great minds and all that... love your nativity - come see mine on my blog. It was fun to make, wasn't it? Sounds like you're getting into the Christmas spirit. :)

Anonymous said...

Evidently I was bound and drugged during August, because I hadn't seen these quilts before today's post (though maybe you hadn't posted Amanda's yet). Dorothy, I just love your work. You're very prolific despite having a busy family to see to. Thanks for the pics.

Dorothy said...

Yeah, I saw yours thins morning and chuckled. Diana (I think) has one, and Karen has one too! Don't know if they've started yet though.

Anonymous said...

May start mine today.Planning an "out of bed" day today.Good thing I finished the Jennifer Chiaverni book!Gave Bob the duvet cover and 2 pilllowcases that I did over the weekend.Have 2 shams to make them now too.Have to do the walking( limping is more like it) and may do more exercise bike for building more strength.But no more lounging in bed!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Very nice! Glad you're doing your shipping early, I used to manage a shipping outlet and dreaded the holidays.

Jules said...

It is wonderful. I may have to make one. Everyone is coming here for Christmas, so I don't have to ship anything. Last year, we went to my sister's for Christmas, so I had to ship everything so there would be room in the car for us.